Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beware with the sweet talking Arab woman to borrow and use your h-phone!!



Aboved is an example of Uzbekistan woman.


Salam...Yesterday ( 29th July2008) I went to Lot 10 to settle personnel matters.

As usual, the area was crowded with Pak/Mak Arab tourist who stayed in hotels around this area.

Suddenly, one big tough, No tudung, mak arab ( I’m not sure of her nationality ) came and request to borrow my handset, cause she had no more credit on her phone.

She said, she needed to contact her friend urgently. Thinking that she needed my help badly, furthermore she is a tourist, I gave my Nokia N110 series hand phone for her to use.

Her first call was not successful. Then I offered my help to dial the number. I noticed that the number she dialed was like a short code number. Initially, I did not suspect anything. Then, she tried again and the call was successfully connected.

As usual, I assumed it would be a short call but then, I suspected something was not right when she had exceeded 3 minutes time call duration! I tried to be nice by giving her a non-verbal body language sign for her to stop, but she refused to stop the conversation.

After 5 minutes, she tested my patience to the limit. I decided to grab the phone forcefully from her hand. That was the only way I could make her stop! There were so many people around, and I don’t want to be seen as the ‘bad’ person, but she is way too much and I was prepared to fight till the last drop of my blood!

I scolded her but she just walked away with a smile on her face! I noticed afterwards that she went to seek for her next victim and start all over again!!! Wowww! If I had not experienced this myself, I would not believe such thing happen.

Today, I managed to check with the network operator and this is what I found out.

She had made an International Call to Uzbekistan and the number was +998669385599 !! She talked for about 6 minutes.

The rate is RM2.39 per minutes, so, roughly, she had used RM14.34 of my credit!

Lessons to be learnt:
If ANYBODY tries to get your help to use your phone, it is okay to assist him/her, but you must dial the number yourself! Don't ever give your hand phone to be dialed by that person!

Thank you.

Wassalam.

2 comments:

ROFI said...

So sorry to hear that Basteng. Be careful next time kay....

Basteng said...

TQ ROFI ..

appreciate it...